Monday, September 19, 2016

Reflection On Place And Culture

There are many things that make me proud of being who I am. One thing that makes me proud is my Mexican culture. My Mexican culture is very influential and well-connected. We are very influential by influencing our new kids about our culture and our traditions. In our culture we teach them how to cook, clean, and to be neat. They can learn from grandparents, aunts/uncles, parents, and pretty much everyone who's willing to help teach them. For example the guys, they can learn how to do work in yards and fields so they can learn a good work ethic for when they become grown men to maintain their families. For the girls they can help clean around the house, do the laundry and dishes. We are all well connected by seeing each other on the weekends, for example, at parties and at church, too.
There are some things that I would change about our culture. For example I would change the way kids drop out of school to work out in the fields with their families to be able to provide for their families, too. As a 15 year old I would want them to get fully educated because when I look back and see how fully educated I was and am being right now, it makes me want to help them out and talk to them and tell them to not drop out because hopefully better things will come with full education. Also I would change the way people look at as. People look at us as if all of us were immigrants, cholos, and drug dealers. Truth is not all of us are like that. Some people are trying to save their families from not having food on the table and getting better education. They want their kids to have better education because they didn't have these opportunities when they were younger and they want their kids to have better life then they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment