Monday, September 19, 2016

About Me

My name is Jessica Bernal. I turned 15 years old on April 30th, 2016. I live in a little town called Scotia here in California, but soon moving to my grandmother's house near eureka called Fields Landing, also here in California. Throughout my childhood, I played a few sports growing up(I still do now) but a while ago fractured my ankle on my dads birthday on the 15th of January. During that time, I was playing basketball. The sports I play are basketball and softball. Since I broke my ankle I couldn't play softball. We are moving to Fields Landing because recently my grandma Sara had surgery. Since she lives alone, my parents decided that we all move into her house since there are 3 bedrooms. When I move I hope not to move schools too, but I would like to stay here because I think my education is going great and the teachers here are great! I go to Fortuna Union High School here in Fortuna, California. I live in the area of Humboldt County and the weather isn't too great over here compared to different places. Well up north towards Eureka it's mostly foggy or raining, but sometimes there's sunlight that comes through.
On the other hand my race is American, since I live in America, but I am bilingual and hispanic/ mexican, too. My parents are Latinos/ hispanics and so is the rest of my family. My parents come from Guanajuato and Guadalajara which are places in Mexico. Recently too, I had just found more about my family. I found out that my great great great grandpa and 2 of his brothers originated from Spain and wanted to live in different places so that their future families could experience different places. On their way over to the U.S.A, somehow one of my grandpas brothers had disappeared and since I just found out, I plan to find out more about him in the future. Apart from my whole family and my ethnicity, I want to talk about my little family that I live with at the moment. Currently I have 3 younger siblings, so that m akes me the oldest. My brother Ricardo(we call him Ricky for short) he's 8 years old and in 3rd grade, my sister Victoria she's 5 years old and just started kindergarten at Scotia Union School District (both go to same school) and the youngest one is Sophia and she is a 1 year old until, February 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment